Full Day to Produce a News Segment to Broadcast
In this incursion, students discover, discuss and report on the hot topics within their school community. They’ll go through the real-world news production process, attend editorial meetings, pitch their news concepts to producers, conduct pre-production research and planning, and will green screen film their segments. Then, it’s live and on-air as we stack the segments to produce a school broadcast news bulletin.
The Newsroom is a project based learning experience with emphasis on students developing teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, communication, digital literacy and presentation skills.
Prices start at $25 per student plus GST.
Package rates available for multiple year level bookings and whole of school programs.
Minimum numbers apply, get in touch for more information.
- This program runs as a Full Day incursion.
- This program can be run with up to 120 students at a time (speak to us about options for more students as this is also possible).
- A gymnasium, hall, or large open learning space will be required (Classrooms can be used for smaller groups).
- Access to a projector required.
- Student supervision by teachers is required throughout the session.
- All supplies required to run the program are supplied by Mini BOSS.